Questions / Topics

Collapse All Expand All
 Flyover Requests

How do I request a flyover for an event?

Thank you for your interest in an F-16 flyover by the 148th Fighter Wing. In order to request an aircraft flyover or air show static display, you must thoroughly complete a DD Form 2535 on the following website:

Requests should be submitted online, however a hard copy should also be printed, signed, approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and submitted to the Air Force via the mail at least 90 days and no later than 30 days in advance of the event. 

The MN FAA office contact information is: 
Minneapolis Flight Standards District Office 
Attn: Mr Richard Egan 
6020 28th Ave South - Room 201 
Minneapolis, MN 55450 
Phone: (612) 713-4211 
Fax: (612) 713-4290 

Incomplete forms and requests will not be considered. The Air Force determines whether the event is eligible for support. 

Securing Aviation Assets After Receiving Air Force Approval: 
It is the requester's responsibility to coordinate actual participation of Air Force or National Guard flying units once your event has been determined eligible for support. Please contact Major Audra Flanagan at (218) 788-7258 to determine whether the 148th Fighter Wing is available to support your event after your event has been approved by the Air Force. 

Things to Keep in Mind: 
Aircraft participation is intended to be at no additional cost to the U.S. Government and on a non-interference basis with Department of Defense missions. Therefore, military contingencies and training requirements may preclude event participation at the last minute. The focus of 148th Fighter Wing and all Air Force flyovers is for Patriotic and Aviation-related Events. If your event is not Patriot or Aviation Related, but will enhance the 148th Fighter Wing's Recruiting and Retention efforts, you can still request a flyover, but will need to complete the "Request for Exception to Policy Questionnaire" that is found on this website. 

Aviation Support or Participation may be cancelled by the U.S. Government without notice. 
 General Information

How can I contact military personnel?

The Air Force World Wide Locator offered by the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC) handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force Personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense (DoD). All other requests are considered unofficial in nature.

The Air Force World Wide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the USAF (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Retired, and Civil Service Personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. To obtain or find out more information about the service, you can contact AFPC at:

550 C Street West Suite 50
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752 Phone:
Commercial (210) 565-2660
Military to Military DSN 665-2660 Customer Service Hours:
Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays)
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time) e-mail:

If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, call your local Red Cross chapter, click on "Your local Red Cross" and enter your zip code.


How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force, do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (Military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the United States Government.

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number or present address.

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis MO 63132
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA) For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is:

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20408


I have questions about the Air National Guard or the National Guard Bureau. How do I get answers?

National Guard Almanac (30th Ed, 2004), Copies can be purchased for $8.50 + $3.50 shipping. Contact: UNIFORMED SERVICES ALMANAC, INC., P.O. Box 4144-Z, Falls Church, VA 22044-0144. Phone: 703-532-163.


I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard?

Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board.

To find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily website. All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site.


What are my benefits as a National Guardsman?

For information on the benefits of being an Air Guardsman, visit the Air Reserve Personnel Center website.
 Joining the Air National Guard

How do I find out what will be expected of me at basic training?

For information on basic military training, visit the U.S. Air Force Basic Training web page.


How do I join the Air National Guard?

The first step in joining the Air National Guard is to talk to a Recruiter. You can do that through the Air National Guard website or call them at 1-800-ToGoANG (1-800-864-6264). You can also chat with a recruiter live by clicking on the "Chat" button.


How do I talk with an Online Recruiting Chat Operator?

The Air National Guard's recruitment website features Online Chat Operators who can assist you with any questions you may have for ANG. ANG chat operators are available Monday thru Thursday, 11:00am-10:00pm EST and Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST . Click on "Chat" in the menu options to access.

Contact Form

Phone Numbers

Customer Service (Military ID)
  • (218) 788-7212
Airman and Family Readiness
  • (218) 788-7833
Recruiting Office
  • (218) 788-7818
Public Affairs Office
  • (218) 788-7274